Preschool and Kindergarten Registration
Preschool is for children 3 and 4 years of age who qualify*
Kindergarten is for children 5 years old on or before September 30, 2020
What do I need for official registration?
- Valid Photo ID (for parent or guardian)
- Income Verification (W-2, 1040, TANF or SSI statement) for preschool registration only
- Original birth certificate
- Social security number
- Record of immunizations
- School Entrance Health form (prior to school opening)
- Proof of residency (see’s Registration and Enrollment page for more details)
- Custody papers (if applicable)
Note: Registration of 3 and 4 years old does not guarantee program admittance. Certain restrictions apply. Enrollment is dependent upon meeting program criteria. Only a limited number of preschool spots are available. Preschool i s not first-come first-served. Students who are not initially accepted are placed on a waiting list.
Where do I get the Preschool registration application and information?
Note: All forms and documentation are needed before the child(ren) may start the official school year.
Where do I get Kindergarten registration information?
Visit your school’s website > go to Family Resources > then click on the Enrollment & Registration page or click on our main site’s Registration and Enrollment page. This page includes links to documents that state law requires a parent or guardian to provide our school division to enroll the child in school.
- Dinwiddie Elementary
13811 Boydton Plank Road
Dinwiddie, Virginia 23841
- Southside Elementary
10305 Boydton Plank Road
Dinwiddie, Virginia 23834
- Sunnyside Elementary
10203 Melvin B. Alsbrooks Avenue
McKenney, Virginia 23872
- Midway Elementary
5511 Midway Road
Church Road, Virginia 23833
- Sutherland Elementary
6000 R.B. Pamplin Drive
Sutherland, Virginia 23885
For more information, please contact:
- Penny L. Brooks, Coordinator of Early Learning and Literacy for DCPS at (804) 469-4190 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracey Michalek, Family & Community Partnership Coordinator for the Improvement Association at 804-469-4495, ext. 209 or email@example.com